Save the Date - 2018 Annual Workforce Summit
Friday, Nov. 2, 2018 - Glacier Canyon Lodge, Wisconsin Dells
"Too many conferences only bring together individuals with similar mindsets. It is important to bring together attendees with different viewpoints. This leads to robust discussions and results [...] it is only by bringing all of the stakeholders together that real progress can be made." - Dr. Jose Franco, Kern Institute for the Transformation of Medical Education, discussing WCMEW's 2017 Statewide Workforce Summit
The event was designed to think collaboratively across both clinical disciplines and geographic regions to develop comprehensive workforce strategies, elevate workforce as a public policy issue, and forge relationships across traditional silos.
Discussions from three panels, keynotes, and small workshops are included. To view specific sessions, click the “i” button in the lower right corner of the viewer screen and select the session you’d like to watch.
Courtesy of the Rural Wisconsin Health Cooperative
- Setting the Stage, Planning for Wisconsin’s Health Care Workforce (Dr. Chuck Shabino, George Quinn)
- Designing and Implementing Workforce Models for the Future (Dr. Peter Sanderson)
- Leveraging All Team Members to Support Patient Care – Part I (Dr. Matthew Swedlund)
- Leveraging All Team Members to Support Patient Care – Part II (Eric Elliot)
- Leveraging All Team Members to Support Patient Care – Part III (Dr. Shishir Sheth)
- Be Bold III: Accelerate Wisconsin Health Care (Jim Wood)
- AMA’s Joy of Practice Initiative (Nancy Nankivil)
- The Nursing Perspective (Susan Rees)
- Wisconsin Medical Society Physician Experience Task Force Efforts (Dr. Heather Schmidt)
Meet the experts! Leaders from state government, hospital and health system administration, education institutions, and others gathered to share their expertise, pose questions, and forge new connections to address workforce issues.